This recipe is based on one that was on a can of mushroom soup. I modified it to add a bit more flavor and also to turn it into a one-dish meal. I also altered the directions. The result is simple to make, and yummy.
- 1 lb package of extra-wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- 4 skinless. Boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 10 1/2 oz can Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can green beans, drained, or any veggies
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar (optional)
- 2 Tbs chopped basil
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chopped basil for topping (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat 2 Tbs oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken and cook 10 min or until the chicken is well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet, slice into cubes, and set aside.
- Add the remaining Tbs of oil to the skillet and cook the shallot and garlic for 2 min.
- Add soup, veggies, water, tomatoes, vinegar, pepper, and basil to the skillet and combine.
- Turn the heat down and return the chicken to the skillet. Simmer for 5 min or until the chicken has a 165-degree internal temperature. Stir occasionally.
- Add the drained noodles to the skillet and combine.
- Serve with grated cheese and chopped basil topping if desired.