This is a variant of my Dutch Oven Balsamic Chicken Thighs recipe, but this one just uses a whole chicken.
Ingredients1 C. balsamic vinegar
1/4 C honey
3 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
6 cloves garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. Herbs de Provence
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
1 whole chicken
1lb Brussels sprouts cut in half
Baguette of French Bread
- In a large bowl, combine everything except the chicken and Brussels Sprouts.
- Whisk until combined.
Cook the chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put a little bit of the marinade in the bottom of a 4.5 Qt Dutch Oven (Mickey Mouse edition of Le Creuset is optional)
- Add the chicken and Brussel Sprouts and cover with the marinade.
- Cook for 1 hr and 15 min. (should be at 165F internal temp).
- Serve chicken and vegetables with pan drippings and a crunchy French Bread