This is a family favorite. It is amazing how many restaurants are terrible at making meatloaf. I don't know if they get too fancy, or what, but this is a pretty simple recipe. I have added bell pepper and green beans in an effort to sneak in some vegetables. I have also left out the added salt because there is already plenty of sodium in there.
3 slices of bread, torn into pieces
1/2 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 Tbs dry mustard
1/4 C milk
1/4 C Ketchup
6 slices Kraft singles
1 can of green beans, drained (or other, hard vegetable)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray 9X13 pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Prepare bread and onion.
- Slightly beat eggs.
- Mix in beef, then bread and onions.
- Add carrots, dry mustard, milk, and 1/4 C Ketchup.
- Put 2/3 beef mixture in pan and form into a rectangular shape.
- Put cheese slices on the beef.
- Put the remaining beef on top of the cheese and push edges from together.
- Cover the top with Ketchup.
- Bake for 30 min, pull the dish out of the oven, add the green beans around the edges, and then bake for another 20 min.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.